Do you have a blocked drain and have you tried to clear it with no success? SGT Plumbing are here to help. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we have a range of state of the art technology on board to clear all types of blockages. SGT Plumbings specialty equipment and knowledge ensures we can clear a blocked drain quickly and with minimal disruption to you.
Call SGT Plumbing now on 0419 356 318 or fill out the form below
Did you know that there are two different networks of pipes in your houses plumbing? These are Sanitary/Sewer Drains & Storm-water Drains
What is a Sanitary Drain?
A sanitary drain is the system of pipes under your house that collect and transfer all grey water and effluent from your, bathrooms, kitchens, toilets and laundry and it flows into either a septic/treatment plant on your property or into the sewer pipe network that transfers it to specialised treatment facilities.
Symptoms of a blocked sanitary drain
- Gurgling sounds coming from the drains.
- Unpleasant smells coming from your fixtures.
- Can you see that the water is draining slowly or not at all?
- Toilet water level is too high or too low or overflows completely.
What is a Storm-water Drain?
A storm-water drain is specialised pipework designed to drain excess rain and ground water from, backyards, paved streets, car parks, footpaths, shed roofs and houses. The pipework can be connected to specialised pits in your backyard or to council storm-water drains.
Symptoms of a blocked stormwater drain
- Water is pooling around the outside of your property.
- Water is coming out of the bottom of your downpipes.
- Gutters overflowing
- Surface grates not clearing in heavy rains.
- Plants or grass growing around or out of your grates